Monday, February 7, 2011

Starting Off

i am creating this blog because over the past couple of years i've had a lot of times where i would be down and had lots on my mind that i would want to vent hoping it would make me feel better.

i am currently 26 years old, i'm living on my own, i'm a journeyman heavy equipment technician who has been unemployed for a month now.  My primary hobby is playing and listening to music.  I used to be heavy into all of the final fantasy games but when the day came that i picked up the guitar and started playing, i played final fantasy less as the days passed.

I have been playing guitar for 6 years now.  i own 4 electrics, 1 acoustic and 2 bass guitars.  My favorite pieces of gear in my collection are my ernie ball music man and my Dean Dimebag Darrell Tribute.  I' not at the point yet where i can shred, but i do try and practice some guitar warm ups that i've learned from guitar instructional videos.  I'm into a lot of the classic rock and metal bands, but i do listen to modern rock as well.  Some of my favorite bands include Judas Priest, Dio, Rage Against The Machine, Megadeth and Pantera.  I saw Judas Priest live back in the summer of 2008, they put on an amazing show.  I'm hoping to see them live again, stories on the radio say they are doing one last tour so i'm hoping some places i have applied to will call me back and offer me a job so i can save up some cash to go to the show.

From grade 9 till 12 in my high school years i enjoyed playing final fantasy a lot.  I only played games 7,8,9 and 10 after that they just didn't seem to interest me as much as they used to.  I still do play some video games today.  Before final fantasy i enjoyed a lot of the classic nintendo and sega games.  There are stores out there that sell the consoles but the odds of finding all the games you are looking for is a challenge.  I was happy to learn that there are sites that have emulators and roms so you can play all of the nintendo and sega games again, just trying to play them with a keyboard compared to the joysticks is kind of a bitch starting off lol, but i pretty much mastered it in a week :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment