Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tired of winter

Wow was it cold today.  -32 C with the windchill.  I can't say this is the coldest day i've ever encountered.  That would be back in 2009 when i was working service rigs.  Normally if it hits around -30 they call us up and tell us to stay home because its too cold to go out.  But this one rig i was assigned to had a deadline, so no matter how cold it was we had to suck it up and go out to finish the job.  Both days i was out there it was -52 C with the windchill.  At the safety meeting our rig manager told us to come back to the doghouse every 15 minutes to warm up.  I think i took full advantage of that.  I wasn't doing too bad outside, but the only thing that was really bothering me was my feet.  I would run back, take my boots off and rub my feet till there was feeling in them again :-S.  Don't think i'll ever go back and work on the rigs, but i have no regrets.  It was pretty cool to see what goes on out on the rigs and how all the wells work and stuff.

I'm still not feeling much better today.  After spending a good 2 hours honing that bore out and finally finishing, my next task was to go outside and start some of the equipment to let them warm up.  Guess someone had to do an inspection on them so they needed to be running at operating temperature.  Didn't feel good on my face which was all dry from being stuffed up.  Hate it when i get sick and it gets this bad.  Usually the irritation goes away after 3 days.  It sucks.

As for the rest of the work day, just assisted the welder with installing new mounts on a loader bucket.  Just stood around most of the time while i was waiting for the welder to finish setting things up so i could help him.  Seemed to space out or almost fall asleep standing in the one spot lol.

Was glad to go home at 3:30 and take a 2 hour cat nap.  The rest of the day was no different than yesterday, just played around on the internet and took it easy.  Found out i still had some smokies left in the fridge.  Figured i better use some of them up before they go bad.  I ate some of them along with my awesome macaroni and steamed vegetables.

I hope i feel better tomorrow, want to feel better soon so i got all the energy to put in lots of overtime at my work :-)

8 comments:

  1. I readed "Tired of twitter" lol. I'm also tired of winter though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its finally get warm here. Almost 65 today. I dont even plan to wear a coat out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, winter does really suck and it's cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep up the hard work, remember to pay yourself, first

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is warmer here for a day or so, hope it warms up for you soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only seen snow twice in my life, and I loved it. But hearing about a winter like that sounds horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm tired of summer. It's too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate the winter and I hate the cold. San Diego winter's are cold enough for me...

    ReplyDelete